The region’s top personal assistants will be championed this afternoon when Bath Business News stages the inaugural South West PA of the Year Awards.
Hosted by the luxury Ston Easton Park Hotel, near Shepton Mallet, the prestigious awards recognise and reward the PAs who have gone the extra mile over the past year to help their organisations reach their potential and deliver excellence in the workplace.
The awards have three categories, PA of the Year, Newcomer of the Year and Best event organised by a PA.
Competition has been fierce with bosses from a wide range of businesses and public sector organisations nominating their PAs. The awards will be presented this afternoon and the results posted immediately on Bath Business News and its sister websites Bristol Business News and Swindon Business News. The winners will also be announced this afternoon on Bath Business News'’ weekly e-bulletin, the comprehensive round up of business news from Bath and its surroundings. To subscribe go to www.bath-business.net and simply enter your name and email address in the special subscription section on the left hand side of the site.
The winners will receive an amazing range of prizes, including theatre tickets, luxury spa sessions, tickets to Ballet in the Park at Ston Easton, voice training and a business dress consultation as well as a unique Bristol Blue Glass trophy.
These are being presented at a showpiece ceremony at Ston Easton Park following a champagne tea on the hotel’s beautiful terrace.
Bath Business News assembled top team of judges for these awards – the first of their kind in the region. On the judging panel were:
Peaches Golding, former High Sheriff of Bristol and principal consultant at Moon Consulting executive recruitment & business consulting
Angela MacAusland of PA firm AMPMPA
Dawn Carey, Executive Personal Assistant at National Friendly and Hayes PA of the Year winner 2010
Linda Williams, sales manager at Ston Easton Park Hotel
Anita Jaynes, Swindon Business News business development manager
The full list of prizes are:
• A three-hour evening spa session at Thermae Bath Spa for two people, including
• Complimentary use of towel, robe & slippers for two
• Two one-course meals from the Twilight menu, with two complementary glasses of house wine, beer or soft drinks.
• Two tickets to a meeting at Bath Racecourse
• Complementary cocktails and canapés at Circo Bar, Bath
• Two tickets to see Hysteria on August 8 Ustinov Theatre, Bath
• A spa day for two at The Royal Crescent Hotel’s Bath House
• Two tickets to see Covent Garden Dance Company’s Ballet in the Park at Ston Easton Park on July 20 or 21. http://www.stoneaston.co.uk/events
• Business dress consultation with Suit the City and a discount off a purchase of your choice
• Voice/telephony training by Joanne Crosse at MetaMedia.